How to design with Swedish Rugs
Swedish rugs can abide in any room, nook, wall and passageway in your home. Collect the pieces you fall in love with - there will always be a perfect spot for one!
See, below, the many ways to use handwoven Swedish rugs in your home as a textural, colorful, subtle design or featured element in your home. Start your own collection of Swedish rugs. When I started collecting Swedish rugs many years ago, I would buy one on a trip to Scandinavia and never knew where I would put it. Once home, there was always a place for it.
Change is good. Move a rug to different areas in your home when the mood strikes. It's one of the best ways to give your home's decor a fresh perspective.
THE RUGS ON THIS PAGE ARE NOT FOR SALE - THEY ARE SHOWN FOR DESIGN INSPIRATION!
CLICK THROUGH TO SEE FULL SIZE, UNCROPPED IMAGES
Swedish Rugs in Modern Interiors
Swedish rugs can live in the most formal interiors. Conversely, combining modern design elements with formal or classic rug designs elevates the entire interior design.
A kitchen design which incorporates art, well designed dining furniture and alternative cabinet design is enhanced by the exceptional patterns and textures of Swedish rugs.
Swedish Rugs Around the Home
Swedish Rugs Used In Unexpected Ways
CASE STUDY: How To Use Our Rugs In The Kitchen
"The kitchen is the place where all five senses reside" - Susan Serra, CKD
This kitchen was designed by me, Susan Serra, certified kitchen designer, co-founder of Scandinavian Made. Take a look how, just in the kitchen, our rugs serve so many purposes, both aesthetic and functional. Our rugs:
- are soft underfoot in front of any or multiple work areas
- define specific work areas
- add abundant visual warmth
- contribute to the color story of the kitchen design
- add a textural story to the kitchen design
- protect flooring from spills at kitchen work areas (they are washable!)
- they are reversible, adding years of use
- the older they get, the better they look
- provide definition to the geometry of the kitchen design
- so easy to change depending on mood, season or to nudge the design toward one style or another
- perfect for that cozy, "hygge" feeling
Click through on any image to see larger, uncropped images